TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Need Help on the East Coast - (Jr.) Admin Opportunity  (Read 15179 times)
TheJib
Head Admin
1K Newb

The Pixelat0r! <<

« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »

Feels like we're hoping that quickplay will help us get new players, but it seems more and more unlikely as we look at the details. I think we should focus on how we can actually get new players in. "You" mentioned getting a presence in some online communities (reddit.com for example). Anyone know of a good place to advertise? I figure we should get a bit stronger base before going public public. I don't feel like that's too far away though.
Logged  Jump To Top

octo-dhd
Head Admin
1K Newb

Busy Perma Banning Fools

« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »

I've added epi's sentry and mini sentry restricting plugin.    minimum players for normal sentry is 6.  minimum for mini is currently set at 16.
Logged  Jump To Top

danger zone
Global Admin
1K Newb

Haley! {N}

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »

reddit might be a really iffy one to advertise on. There are plenty of people who don't think kindly about servers/communities with rules on what language you can use. From my time on reddit, I think you would be more likely to invite trolls or dicks to the server than people actually interested in jump starting a new server.
Logged  Jump To Top

12:10 AM - Soari[N]': *Soarin'-kun's grip on Jaded's hands tighten, as he closes his eyes. His entire life, his entire high school career, has led to this. He enjoys the sweet, milky flavor of Jaded's lips, before pulling back and looking at her with a smile full of Kawaii.*
chocological
Admin
1K Newb

Les yeux sans visage

« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »

The sentry plugin will still take your metal if you attempt to place one. Also, there should be a message when it "destroys" the sentry stating the limits.
Logged  Jump To Top

epi
Newbs Regular

*Indecipherable scribbles*

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »

The sentry plugin will still take your metal if you attempt to place one.
The plugin works by destroying your sentry immediately after you place it, by simply removing the entity. There is no easy way around this that I know of, and imo, it's a feature that lets you know that your sentry is being removed even with chatspam disabled.
Also, there should be a message when it "destroys" the sentry stating the limits.
This functionality is already built into the plugin, but it is disabled by default because people found it annoying with nodmg on the jump servers. Octo or Jib can enable it if need be.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:19:14 PM by epicoder » Logged  Jump To Top

Missile ponies aren't everything in life, you know. But I have three, so I still win.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31
Print

Jump to: