TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Server #15 Stats Contest  (Read 11224 times)
TheJib
Head Admin
1K Newb

The Pixelat0r! <<

« on: August 31, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »

#13 / #15 Stats contest thread - actions on both servers count on the same stats, and each month we give away 5 keys.

This stats cycle: 11/1/14 - 12/1/14

Most Points
Most Kills
Most Rocket Jumps (let the games begin)
Most Revenges
Most Headshot kills (this could be interesting as well)

Each category winner gets a key. Winners also receive honorz below their forum avatar. This contest is an effort to increase our east coast presence, the more people we get involved the bigger the contests! : ) Tell your friendz, and get killing!

Big thanks to all of the people who have donated items and helped get #15 rolling so far!

Just announced 5 winners for being part of the the steam group, which we will do periodically as a thank you for your support. (shameless plug http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Newbs15 )

Some have you may have already noticed but Octo was kind enough to separate the stats on #15 from the rest of the payload maps! What does this mean you ask? Well prizes and fierce competition of course. We plan to have the stats run for a set amount of time and then award prizes at the end and reset them.

We're going to try 1 month for the first interval and see how that goes. So this stats period will end 9/30/14.

Why reset stats? Why not! Everyone will be on an equal playing field, and we hope to get some nice competition as a result. We can also track how many times you hit air shots or kill someone with a shovel vs everyone else in the same interval.

So we're going to have some fun with it. We'll be giving away 5 prizes related to stats this starting today until 9/30/14.

1. Top ranked player according to HLSTATSX
2. Most time played
3. Dominations
4. Deaths
5. Godlikes (12+ kills)

Winners will receive prize(s), as well as.. *drumroll* honorz. Little something Octo and I cooked up back in the earlier days of Newbs, small icons below your avatar <-------- that signify what a badass you are. We'll definitely have honorz for 1st place (#1 logo) and most time played (an hour glass I will have to design).

So get crackin!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:30:27 PM by TheJib » Logged  Jump To Top

Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:44:33 AM »

For those TBDs, I would like to nominate "critical kills" and "backstab kills".  They are both actions that require killing an opponent, so you can't just idle/script-to-win.

Also, I'm posting this on the blog!  GG Gentlenewbs!
Logged  Jump To Top

Optimus Crime
Newbs Regular

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »

For those TBDs, I would like to nominate "critical kills" and "backstab kills".  They are both actions that require killing an opponent, so you can't just idle/script-to-win.

Also, I'm posting this on the blog!  GG Gentlenewbs!
I can agree with crit kills, but backstabs require playing spy, which is a bit restrictive.  (Same would go for headshots, which I would also avoid.)

The other thing I was thinking about for this was that these should be 5 separate people.  For example, if someone who gets top rank also has most time played, then most time played should go to the 2nd most time played person.
Logged  Jump To Top
TheJib
Head Admin
1K Newb

The Pixelat0r! <<

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »

Critical kills is good. I don't think backstabs would work well though, like Obey said not everyone plays spy.
Logged  Jump To Top

Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »

Then, how about number of "Godlikes" (streaks of 12+ kills without dying)?
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print

Jump to: