TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Is Newbs surviving? Newbs Progress Update 04/24/16  (Read 1805 times)
[N]ova Shikirori™
UBER NEWB!

The Newbs Workaholic ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

« on: April 24, 2016, 12:14:54 AM »

The Newbs revival started on March 30th, 2016. Here's what has happened since then. By the way, this is just a bit to read, please do find time to sit down and take a look.

What's The Big News?!?!

Well, server #14 has been populated three times in the past two weeks. Like, can't even join populated. A couple of Newbs went to go check it out one day (after failing at another Tongue) and turns out there was a streamer there. Who was this streamer? Well.

THE ONE AND ONLY NATHAN VETTERLEIN!

In case you don't know who he is, he's the voice actor of the Scout in TF2. To make a long story short we're in talks of getting him his own server, with Newbs. I hope you guys realize just how amazing this can be for us. Take two.

Newb's Revival: Our Progress

Aside from the above, these past two weeks has gone great. #4 and #8 have been our main focus so far. Once we get those going well, we will start focusing on some other servers, whilst keeping attention on #4 and #8 as well.

Here are server statistics from the past seven days.:

#8 [199.230.104.6:27015]

...and #4 [209.40.104.150:27015]

What we can conclude is that #4 gets a lot of attention. Yay 4! Server #4 has even self started at least three times to my knowledge, and usually stays started for half a day once it is initially started. Not saying it's easy, cause it's not. Starting the server initially is sooo hard (sometimes haha (someone will get this)) but it's so worth it in the end.

Server #8 is a bit harder to get going. While a lot of old regulars for #4 have stopped playing TF2 entirely, I feel #8 has lost more than half of it's original playerbase, that's why it's so hard to get going. I have seen more people on #4 who are on my friends list then of that on #8. Which is OK! What we can gather about this is that we need to attract new players to the server. Ugh, right? But we can do it! The times that we have started the server, new people -are- coming. So, just a big(er) work in progress.

Server Starting: How It's Gone Great, And What We Can Do Better.

Honestly, we have gotten server starting pretty much down. Keyword "WE". All of the people, every single one of them, I would like to thank personally for helping out these past couple weeks. Without you guys, there would be no Newbs. Our first weekend went amazing, servers were active, both 4 and 8.

Although we've had a great time, I've come to realize that the difficulty to start servers has increased. I'm seeing more randoms then regulars, which of course is okay! Just people who used to be on our servers either aren't playing TF2 at all, or are just not concerned with our community.

What can we do better? Well. The following is a request from me, not particularly from Newbs. See your friends on your friends list without a [] tag? Encourage them to come and join Newbs! They can feel apart of a great community with a long track record to back it up. I feel we need new members, and I don't think we're going to get very far just sitting and waiting for them to come to us. Back in the hayday of TF2 and Newbs, when they were both created, sure, people came without effort, but now, in what -is- left of TF2, noone is going to come to us.

The following is a link to the New Member Info section of the forums:

http://www.tf2newbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,6887.0.html

As well as the application procedure, it's free!

http://www.tf2newbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,6921.0.html

Server Starting Groups:

The following are links to the server starting groups where announcements are posted:

TF2 Newbs Server Fillup Crew (TFNSFC)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TFNSFC

Newbs Server Starters (NEWBSSTART)
(Invite Only, let me or "You" know and we can invite you.)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/newbsserverstarters

[N]ewbs #8 server (/[N]<3)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/newbs8

These groups are used to let people know that a server is starting, as well as letting them know, hey! we need help. Also, the #8 group is being used many ways atm, but will hopefully return to just relevant info to #8 itself soon.

Giveaways???

You all know I love to run giveaways. So, duh. There are more coming. As a special event, I will be hosting an event soon for just those who have been active the past few weeks and most importantly have *actively* helped start servers. I want you to know that your time is appreciated, so thank you in advance  Smiley

Secondly, I have another event in the works that I am scheduled to post info about tomorrow. If things change I will let you know. Only reason why they might is that I had an original idea and just today I am making a whole new event, so I should be done with details tomorrow. The event will contain an Unusual in the prizes, so stay tuned.

That's all for the past week. I plan to post something like this every week, until we get on our feet. Thank you guys for reading. Post any comments, suggestions, or ideas about Newbs or this post here.
Logged  Jump To Top

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

Click --->Steam Profile

redBadger
Admin
UBER NEWB!

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »

My personal opinion on the matter is that I think trying to do 04 and 08 at the same time is overstepping our bounds. I told octo in my beginning that my opinion was that our focus should be on 2fort exclusively for now. we just don't have the numbers anymore to focus on more than one server at the moment. I have more to say but I'm on my phone currently. Will update later
Logged  Jump To Top
danger zone
Global Admin
1K Newb

Haley! {N}

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:43:36 AM »

The thing about #8 and #4 at the same time is that a lot of core players or regulars for each server are different. The problem is that the server starters are the same for both servers. The moment one server gets going, a handful of people will leave in an attempt to get the other going. Our other problem is that it seems like a lot of the regs from 8 peaced out completely so we're just trying to rebuild a whole new playerbase for Dustbowl.
Logged  Jump To Top

12:10 AM - Soari[N]': *Soarin'-kun's grip on Jaded's hands tighten, as he closes his eyes. His entire life, his entire high school career, has led to this. He enjoys the sweet, milky flavor of Jaded's lips, before pulling back and looking at her with a smile full of Kawaii.*
Faded Architecture
Newbling

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »

I really think we shouldn't just focus on one server. We have enough 2fort players that it shouldn't be too difficult to at least get it started in the evenings. Our big problem is going to be Dustbowl. We're going to, at least at first, need 2fort players to lend us a hand. And to restate what Nova said, if you have a little time in the evenings, or know anyone who might, please let them know that we need help. Join the server starter groups and come help us. If we get a bunch of hands, it shouldn't take too much time every evening to get moving. Smiley
Logged  Jump To Top

redBadger
Admin
UBER NEWB!

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 11:11:34 AM »

I also know as well that a lot of people are not as fond as dustbowl as they are other maps. Is there a specific reason why dustbowl is a focus?
Logged  Jump To Top
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print

Jump to: