TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Olse Wants YOU For His D&D Game!  (Read 782 times)
{N}Olse
Global Admin
1K Newb

The resident leering Yoshi

« on: April 25, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »

“The land of Aeyumia was cast into shadow, and those days were darker than nights.”

I'm looking for players in my (relatively) new 5th edition D&D campaign that's been going on for about a month-and-a-half now. I have two player slots open, and the party is currently Level 2. Here's the party's makeup at the moment:

Ophelia, the Goliath Druid
   Sera, the High Elf Sorcerer
   Falgrim, the Mountain Dwarf Fighter
   Lekki, the Kenku Bard

The premise of the campaign is that the PC's are forward Scouts that are scoping out the land once belonging to a Human nation. Said land is part of a continent everyone bolted from 150 years ago for a myriad of reasons, including the sun going out (it's back now Tongue), the rising of the mind flayers, and a githyanki invasion.

Here's the basic info for you to figure out if you're interested in this or not:

• The setting is a homebrew one, and it's sort of bordering on grimdark, but not too much. My usual schtick is to make things humorous, and it's a bit less so here.
  • I run a very story-centric game, so there's a lot of lore to discover and read up on. This doesn't mean I'm expecting you to dive into RP'ing your character, though that's cool. Our sorcerer doesn't RP for the most part, and that's fine.
  • You'll be getting a setting document if you can join, but as a preview there are 8 playable races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, Goliath, Kenku, and Makall. They all have cultural and most have mechanical quirks to them. For example, Halflings in this setting are known for their mounted combat and are usually ripped as hell.
  • We're using Roll20 and your character sheet will be in that app. You'll also get a nifty 16-bit character token for exploration/battle.
  • We use Mumble for voice chat.
  • We run the game on Saturdays at 8-11:30 PM EST, and sometimes it goes a little longer than that. This is non-negotiable.

If you don't have a Player's Handbook, don't worry. That won't be an obstacle. Another non-obstacle is any past experience with D&D or tabletop games. Most of the party is new to this, so you'll be on fairly even grounds in regards to skill. You'll be welcome here. Smiley

If you're interested, reply in this thread or hit me up over Steam. If you have someone you know who might want to/can make it, let me know what their name is on Steam so I don't leer suspiciously at 'em when they friend invite me.
Logged  Jump To Top

"The players should fit the group; the group shouldn't change for a specific subset of players." ~ Kamo 2014
Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »

Gosh I work virtually every Saturday night, else I'd be in.

That's been my problem with work lately: I'm the one who works all the weekend evening shifts, by myself.
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: