TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: [Charity] Team playing TF2 for 24 hours for Children's Hospital!  (Read 2671 times)
SansPants
newbsdaily
Non-Newb Noobie

Freedom!

« on: September 17, 2010, 08:52:12 PM »

Hello everyone, this is Sa[N]sPants.  Some of you have seen me play on the server, so... hi!

I and a couple of friends are participating in the ExtraLife charity drive for our local Children's Hospitals.  As you may have guessed, this is going to involve playing a video game for 24 hours.

Straight.

With maybe one or two pee breaks.

Taraph75 has graciously provided us with slots on server 3 (all Payload, all the time!) with which to spend our 24 hours.   During this time we are looking at losing our sanity and probably our dignity.  And maybe not even in that order.  We also hope to raise a bit of money for our respective charities, and use our love of gaming to help children in need.

So, to tl;dr this:

WHAT: Gaming for charity
WHERE: Server 3, [N]
When: October 16th, 8AM PST to October 17th, 8AM PST

And here is the link to our team page:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/team.aspx?id=E831424F

Please take some time to look over the site and if you can, please donate to our cause!  And if you want to watch us lose our minds, join us when we're on, say 'hi'!  Laugh at us, sympathise with us, blow us up!

Thank you all for your time, and especially Taraph and the other admins for all of their help, and a thanks in advance for anyone who donates!
Logged  Jump To Top

Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »

Hello everyone, this is Sa[N]sPants.  Some of you have seen me play on the server, so... hi!

I and a couple of friends are participating in the ExtraLife charity drive for our local Children's Hospitals.  As you may have guessed, this is going to involve playing a video game for 24 hours.

Straight.

With maybe one or two pee breaks.

Taraph75 has graciously provided us with slots on server 3 (all Payload, all the time!) with which to spend our 24 hours.   During this time we are looking at losing our sanity and probably our dignity.  And maybe not even in that order.  We also hope to raise a bit of money for our respective charities, and use our love of gaming to help children in need.

So, to tl;dr this:

WHAT: Gaming for charity
WHERE: Server 3, [N]
When: October 16th, 8AM PST to October 17th, 8AM PST

And here is the link to our team page:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/team.aspx?id=E831424F

Please take some time to look over the site and if you can, please donate to our cause!  And if you want to watch us lose our minds, join us when we're on, say 'hi'!  Laugh at us, sympathise with us, blow us up!

Thank you all for your time, and especially Taraph and the other admins for all of their help, and a thanks in advance for anyone who donates!
You know if they've sent off emails to other sites to give people a heads up about the charity event? I'm assuming so but it can't help to ask for redundancy.

One of the blog sites i frequent has a submit link form. BoingBoing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:05:16 PM by Grey Devil » Logged  Jump To Top

Newbs Regular

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 01:11:47 AM »

this is awesome!

i think it a great idea going to a great cause.

i hope you get some donations, i cant give much (on a tight budget atm) but im planning on throwing 10$ on this deal.

too many people in life take their perfect health for granted.
Logged  Jump To Top
SansPants
newbsdaily
Non-Newb Noobie

Freedom!

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 07:45:34 AM »

You know if they've sent off emails to other sites to give people a heads up about the charity event? I'm assuming so but it can't help to ask for redundancy.

I don't know, to be honest.  If they did, heck - send it everywhere again!  I too am a fan of redundancy.

[edit] And sTicky, any amount is better than 0, and it's totally appreciated.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:52:02 AM by SansPants » Logged  Jump To Top

Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »

I don't know, to be honest.  If they did, heck - send it everywhere again!  I too am a fan of redundancy.

[edit] And sTicky, any amount is better than 0, and it's totally appreciated.  Cheesy
Well i recommend sending it to social news sites like BoingBoing, Reddit, and Digg. Also gaming centric sites like Kotaku, Joystiq, Penny-arcade (consdering those guys are big on charity), Control Point, send it to Valve peoples even, etc, etc.

You guys should write out a few paragraphs explaining why you're doing the charity, why TF2, and what people can do to help or get involved, and any other pertinent information. Maybe i can get Octo to set up a page in TF2newbs.com for you guys about the charity, and you can then send off the page along with any explanation to the aforementioned sites.

On another note. Not sure if Tara is helping you guys keeping some variety on the server, we do have a karaoke plug-in but last i heard it was still buggy but i'll ask Octo on that. But maybe there might other stuff that can be put on the server to keep things interesting.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:34:00 AM by Grey Devil » Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print

Jump to: