TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: What's with all the pyros?  (Read 9182 times)
Mr. Hanky
UBER NEWB!

Hoooooooowdie-Ho Kyle!

« on: September 02, 2008, 09:43:38 AM »

seriously, after the backburner became not so good anymore, and after the heavy update (heavies usually pwn pyros) i figured the pyro-mania would kinda die down a bit. boy was i wrong. in every game i played yesterday (and this seems to be more or less the norm) there were no less than 4 pyros on the other team at any time, and usually 5-6. and it's not even like pyro is even all that good anymore unless you're, like, v.striker or verrrah, so my question is why? why is it that when i just get done murdering 3 pyros in a row who just tried to gang rape me is there always one more who comes out of no where and finishes me off? why is everyone pyro?
Logged  Jump To Top

Crap is everything!
Sara Sato
1K Newb

star quarterback president MVP

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:51:55 AM »

Sometimes I think people go Pyro if they're getting steamrolled, or at least their base is getting invaded a lot.  It's an easy way to get people out of your base or force an uber.  Maybe it's something like that.
Logged  Jump To Top

Mr. Hanky
UBER NEWB!

Hoooooooowdie-Ho Kyle!

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »

but i am seeing groups of 4 pyros invade MY base at a time. it's like the pyro update just came out or something.
Logged  Jump To Top

Crap is everything!
Sara Sato
1K Newb

star quarterback president MVP

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »

I'd say, "maybe it's a group of noobs" but it tends not to be.  I haven't noticed it so much from someone attacking, but I have seen it a lot in defense.  I dunno man, lol.
Logged  Jump To Top

Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »

I usually notice that a lot of the non-regs are the ones picking pyro, and maybe one of them is a reg. So for the most part it's a noob class as expected 0:
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
Print

Jump to: