TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Looking for an admin to talk to.  (Read 646 times)
rAiN
Non-Newb Noobie

« on: August 31, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »

Hello,

I am looking for someone to talk to that is not going to ban me when I do not agree with what they say first of all.

So I hope who ever reads this is someone who is open minded are please do not respond.

Just send me a message I would like to hash out some reasoning behind the situation that I am in.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:14:51 PM by rAiN » Logged  Jump To Top
Chung!
1K Newb

49% Motherfucker, 51% Son of a bitch

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »

Rain's Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006894551/
Logged  Jump To Top

Eccid
UBER NEWB!

Did you hear that? Me neither...

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »

...I am looking for someone to talk to that is not going to ban me when I do not agree with what they say first of all.

So I hope who ever reads this is someone who is not incredibly close minded are please do not respond...

Probably a bad way to start this off. If you want to protest your ban, you should go here and wait for someone to contact you about it. We get quite a few ban protests, and they're handled by our head admins case by case.
Logged  Jump To Top

tara
Global Admin
1K Newb

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »

Some important information for you to have:

1.  We pay for these servers and free speech does not apply.  Well it does because you won't be arrested.  But you can be banned by us for any reason we see fit.
2.  Don't come on here with an attitude like somebody owes you something or that anybody cares that you think they're close minded.
3.  Octo runs the entire community, owns the forums, the servers, and makes all final decisions.  He can ban for whatever he wants.  Even if it's you disagreeing with him.  Now, he usually won't, but he can.  Let's just get that straight right here.
4.  Nobody banned you for disagreeing or being too good.
5.  You were banned in a mass ban on February 28, 2012.  Nobody picked on you.  You were banned for derogatory language in your chat.  That means racial slurs or other hate speech.  It could have happened anytime before that.  It wasn't from that day.  And, no, you can't trick it by saying "nigga" or "f_g" or something different.  We check for different spellings, etc.
6.  Tried to connect on July 4, but that was not when the ban took place.
7.  Someone can probably check the chatlog to see if it was a "false positive" but NOBODY is going to want to put in any extra work for you with a request like that.  I suggest deleting and trying again.  Show some respect for the work and money it takes to run these servers and be honest.  Ask nicely, etc.  Nobody owes you anything and if you don't ask nicer than that, nobody else is going to put 2 seconds into researching your ban for you.
Logged  Jump To Top

rAiN
Non-Newb Noobie

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:18:40 PM »

Did not ask for any posts I just want to talk to an admin.

I tried that and I got banned from the talk channel and the only one that was given any attitude are received poor treatment was myself.

Maybe it would be better to have a voice communications I have several Ts3 or Vent servers to use.

I did not do what was said and its absolutely amazing I am banned the next day when someone says they're friends with the admin and I am going to get banned.

So can we please quit acting like scorned lover's and have conversation about it with out banning me from a chat channel because I disagree.

I do not see how that is so incredibly difficult.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:23:36 PM by rAiN » Logged  Jump To Top
Pages: [1] 2
Print

Jump to: