TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Borderlands 2 -- Gimme a Playlist  (Read 1777 times)
Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« on: July 26, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »

I'll give prizes out for the best playlists that are fun to listen to while playing BL2. If you want to, you can theme it around the game (I haven't finished the game, but I don't mind if you give spoilers).

Challenge: Create a ten-song playlist, specifically for listening to while playing BL2, and post it here.

If you choose to accept this challenge:
1. List all ten songs and their artists.
2. Embed an online link to each song (i.e. YouTube, bandcamp, etc.).
3. SPECIAL RULE: Note whether the songs in the playlist are "Up Tempo", "Down Tempo", or "Mixed". Basically, if it's a playlist of slower, calm music or faster, exciting music--you might listen to one when grinding and exploring, and the other when you're fragging away.
4. If you really can't help yourself and you want to add more than ten songs, post the songs beyond the first ten in a Spoiler box.
5. I [Obey] am sole judge, but my musical tastes vary widely. I tend to prefer familiar bands and titles, but I'm open to intriguing new sounds.

There will be prizes! Deadline is 10pm EST on August 11, 2013. Limit two entries maximum per person.

Oh, and making hyperlinks are easy. Highlight the name of the song, then hit the Hyperlink button in the Forum Message window (4th from the left on the bottom row). Then place your cursor after the "l" of the first "url", add an "=", then copy/paste the address of the link. Easy!
Logged  Jump To Top

Svrgeon (Piss)
Newbs Regular

I draw and stuff.

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

Downtime Set
"White As Diamonds" - Alela Diane, Alela is also to be credited with "Take Us Back" from the credits of Telltale's The Walking Dead game, she just released a new album!
"Blackberry Stone" - Laura Marling
"Mykonos" - Fleet Foxes
"The Lion's Roar" - First Aid Kit
"Tiger Mountain Peasant Song"- both the original by Fleet Foxes and First Aid Kit's cover

The... Everything else... Set
"Bartholomew" - The Silent Comedy, such a treat to listen to during Dark Souls (and not just because this song was used to advertise it either)
"Curse Me Good" - The Heavy, also to note is how much attention BL2 itself gave the band, despite already having plenty Tongue
"Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" - Florence + the Machine
"Invincible" - Two Steps From Hell, explains itself pretty easily.
"Take My Bones Away" - Baroness, don't listen to too much of this stuff anymore, doesn't mean I don't love it anymore.

Bonus just to randomly throw in my favorite song ever
"1234" - Feist

I think most of these explain why they're where by themselves. Except maybe F+M.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:43:03 PM by Baron Piss » Logged  Jump To Top

dA | Twitter | Spotify Playlist | Taking requests, send a message to [email protected], for now commissions are entirely satisfaction based and practically free.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: