TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 4235 times)
Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 04:33:11 AM »

They've never quite gotten the dark, random, sarcastic humour of the original games. But then again the original designers haven't either really, Wasteland 2's writing doesn't get close.

However for what it is I think they get enough things right that I've enjoyed the current fallout series and I'm hoping the new one delivers. And personally I found Skyrim to be more dull on the writing than Fallout but that might be just me.
Logged  Jump To Top

Sharpevil
1K Newb

Hello I am plant

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 06:46:14 AM »

To put it simply, I'm excited for fallout 4 because it is a new Bethesda game set in the fallout universe. Not because it's a new fallout game in the same series as fallout 1 and 2.
Logged  Jump To Top

Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »

So. I'm excited about Fallout 4, however I'm starting to get a tad concerned with the hype train. So they've offered the Collector's Edition, recently they announced Fallout Anthology which comes in a mini-nuke packaging:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012E58DFC/

And apparently now they will have a limited edition run of boxes on Loot Crate for November:

https://www.lootcrate.com/fallout4

They aren't available to buy just yet. And while I'm still pretty enthusiastic about the game I dunno... I hope they are able to deliver on the expectations if they are going to be pushing so hard on the game.
Logged  Jump To Top

kamo
Global Admin
1K Newb

Get off my lawn.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bethesda has no concept of bug-killing, but they make my 2nd favorite story-based narratives.  BioWare is still #1 for me in terms of writing.

Also, at this point anyone on Steam that doesn't have most of the Fallout games just isn't trying (or isn't interested).
Logged  Jump To Top

You
Global Admin
Newbs Regular

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »

What I plan on doing (which is what I have done for all most recent Bethesda games) is to wait a significant time after launch for bugs to be fixed and the extra dlc's to be released and for the price to go down.  The waiting sucks, but also buying a really nice game and having it unplayable for a significant time sucks as well.
Logged  Jump To Top
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print

Jump to: