TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: So... How have you been...?  (Read 13767 times)
Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:15 PM »

Thanks for coming back and checking in with the Newbs.  Post here to let people know what's up IRL (In Real Life) and/or what you've been playing lately.

---

As for me, I'm just working the same old crummy job. My last college stint has not payed off, but I've managed to put Wifey thru college in the meantime. She's also won some honors for winning competitions in working skills like word processing and document production.  But we've just been laying low and trying not to outlive our means until we both have decent employment once more.

I've been playing Fiesta a lot, a free-to-play anime MMO that is also shedding its regular playing base (until the server merge finally happens). Also been dabbling in Borderlands 2, Civ V, and this new RPG Maker game that reskinned itself as an open-world Dragon Quest clone.
Logged  Jump To Top

Vayeatte
Super Newb!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 04:08:18 AM »

I'm working as a cashier because no one was hiring for what I went to college for and it's alright but unfulfilling.  Mostly though, I've been busy dealing with pets.  My parents dog had puppies last year and they kept one of them in the end.  We also own a cat and things around here have been a bit tense for a while.  The dogs are living upstairs and the cat downstairs which works most of the time but the gate isn't perfect for keeping the dogs at bay and then one of them goes downstairs to sleep at night so we have to get the cat out of the way and close him out of his favorite room.

TLDR:  I'm a cashier and the pets in my house are stressing me out.

As for what I've been playing; I've mostly just been trying to focus on one game at a time so I can actually finish it and right now it's mostly been Dark Souls but I've hit a wall.  I can't beat one boss and I find it hard to try to get myself to go back to it.
Logged  Jump To Top

Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 05:27:18 AM »

Get a phantom to help you with the boss, also be shameless with dying. The more you die the less you'll care of losing souls. Plus you should be keeping a stock pile of soul drops you can consume should you need a quick source of cash. Which boss are you stuck on and what system are you playing with?

I've been working an office job at a gas company, it's mostly handling rebate applications, phone calls and data entry. It's kind of dull but I do like it since I have a lot of freedom throughout my day and I really appreciate not being micromanaged. Hoping to be hired on in January since I'm just a contractor, if that happens I'll be moved to a better position with good benefits so I've been doing my best.

Also I've been going through some personal shit I'm not sure I want to share. But things are ok I guess. Could be worse. Also trying to build a gaming pc to have it ready by next year and maybe get a ps4 as well.

And I've been playing Diablo 3, and some Borderlands 2 on occasion with a friend.
Logged  Jump To Top

kamo
Global Admin
1K Newb

Get off my lawn.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 07:18:34 AM »

Crab, I'm kamo#1126 if you wanna play some D3 sometime.

====

I work a bunch.  Kids are visiting for the summer before I send them back to the ex-monster.  Still here frequently, but after my video card upgrade TF2 doesn't run so well, and I haven't bothered to optimize it.

Playing Diablo 3, Town of Salem, and whatever shiny thing strikes my fancy.
Logged  Jump To Top

Grey Devil
Global Admin
OVER 9000 Posts

The Crazy Hobo Under Your Bed

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »

I've been playing D3 on the PS3 o.o if you're on pc I'll have to see if we can play after I build my desktop (probably end of the year)
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Print

Jump to: