TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Did you have fun at the Event?
Yes
IT WAS AMAZE BALLS
Well, uh, yeah

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Official Newbs Reunion Match!  (Read 11569 times)
[N]ova Shikirori™
UBER NEWB!

The Newbs Workaholic ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

« on: April 10, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

Date of Event: Saturday, April 16th
Time: 6 PM PST, 9 PM EST

Please post if you plan on attending this event!

"I was in love with the idea of being in love with a community way before I was actually in love with one."

Hey Friends!
How ya been?
It's sure been awhile!

These past few days have been great. Servers are starting themselves, regulars are coming back, people are replacing their [N] tags.

This event has been talked about for a few days now, and it's finally happening!

What are the details you ask? WELL, here they are:

Event Details:

The event will take place TODAY!!! Saturday, April 16th on Server #05 (Koans Kingdom). Anyone is invited, but we'll try to keep it to those who were playing on Newbs when things started going south, what's the name for those people?
Oh, regulars, that's right.

If it so happens that we run out of space on Server #05, then the overflow will move onto Server #04, and it will become a two-server event, which would be AWESOME! (that's the goal, duh)

There will be no teams at this event, just casual gameplay with loved ones.

And with every event there's always that one thing everyone looks forward to...

A cup of coffee in the morning? No! Of course not! PRIZES!

Various items will be given out, for free. This will happen at random along with mini-events that occur during the match. More overall server time=more prizes!

Mini-Events:

• Trick or Wreck - everyone who shows up and says trick or wreck to a designated player will get a random item. Or maybe a chance to get a free game!

•Discord Game Giveaway - anyone who joins the Discord group before the start of the event will pick a number between 1-100 and at the end of the event 2-4 people who were closest to the chosen number will receive a game. You do not have to be present at the end of the event, and you also will not have to be active in Discord during the event itself.

Discord Link (updated every 24hrs): https://discord.gg/0w4eABAkPe2DVhzG

Prizes are appreciated if you would like to donate! I myself am limited to what I have, so anything would help!

Rules:

All Normal Community Server Rules will be in effect for this event.
The event lasts for however long we stay playing!

Let's just have some fun, with the ones you love!

Confirmed:
octo-dhd
redbadger
Quantico
Joey-LFT
RePLaY
Olse
AwesomeGrant
Koans
Wife
Faded
Chaos
Princess Juggs
Amadeus (Mr. Blonde)
Haley

Maybe:
French Ambassador
Anonymouse
JiB
kamo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:16:32 AM by [N]ova Shikirori™ » Logged  Jump To Top

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

Click --->Steam Profile

EnigmaXIII
Non-Newb Noobie

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:49:15 PM »

seeing as how i just joined today im hardly qualified to be apart of a reunion but you know what? the couple days ive been here has made me feel more welcome'd then the year i spent at the other place so you know what, im in ^_^
Logged  Jump To Top
redBadger
Admin
UBER NEWB!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:52:01 PM »

Oh boy! This will be fun!

Here's a fresh discord invite for the thread https://discord.gg/0w4eABAkPe0yE8NH

There will be lobbies in the discord group as well for voice chat, if you prefer doing so in there rather than in-game Smiley

Hope to see you all there!

seeing as how i just joined today im hardly qualified to be apart of a reunion but you know what? the couple days ive been here has made me feel more welcome'd then the year i spent at the other place so you know what, im in ^_^

You are still more than welcome to come! Everyone is invited.

With that being said, maybe instead of 04 we can designate a different server and use a higher player limit?
Logged  Jump To Top
[N]ova Shikirori™
UBER NEWB!

The Newbs Workaholic ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 09:55:09 PM »

With that being said, maybe instead of 04 we can designate a different server and use a higher player limit?

Noiice!

I'll talk to Octo about seeing if we can make that happen. It would be great to get opinions on that as well, Do you guy's want just one server with a higher player limit (to fit more people), or go with the original plan of one server, then two if needed. I personally think one big server would be great (it would also help with giveaways Cheesy)
Logged  Jump To Top

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

Click --->Steam Profile

octo-dhd
Head Admin
1K Newb

Busy Perma Banning Fools

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »

If we stick with 24 players or go with 32 I think using a less used servers than #4 and #8 - since there is always a chance that people will be already playing on them - and I'd feel like a jerk if I kicked them off Smiley

I will be attending.
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print

Jump to: