TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Some Help With Conversion / Inflation Rates  (Read 1608 times)
v Ballistics
Non-Newb Noobie

« on: July 26, 2016, 09:42:20 PM »

Hello Newbs Trading forum,

It's been a while since I've actually been on TF2 (or Steam, for that matter). Since life is actually starting for me, and college is taking it over, I have hardly much time for PC gaming. Sad Therefore, I am going to cash out.

For my real question:

I have an unusual modest pile of hat; the effect is memory leak. I recall buying it for about 4.3 buds mixed - WHEN BUDS WERE WORTH ABOUT 20 KEYS AND NOT THIS 2.3 KEY BULL-[DATA EXPUNGED].

So, I need to know the conversion rate between then and now: If it (the hat) were bought for 4.3 buds(when buds were worth 20 keys), how many buds/keys would it be worth now with the current rate of 2.3 keys / 1 bud?

This being said, yes, I am now selling my Unusual Modest Pile of .....uhm....what was the name of it? Oh, right. Pile of Hat. (See what I did there? xD) But for real. I am currently taking offers on my hat. Since I'm cashing out, I'm only interested in pure, or quite a good amount in overpay.

TL;DR
--HELP ME. I need to find out how much my unusual would be valued at right now. I bought it for 4.3 buds (when a bud was worth 20 keys), and need to know how many buds (or keys) it would be worth at the current rate of 2.3 keys / 1 bud.
--Taking offers on it. Feel free to leave them in the comments. Smiley

Stay newbie, my friends.

~ [N] v Ballistics
Logged  Jump To Top
plague.of.crickets
UBER NEWB!

Life on six legs

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »

I'm not an expert on unusual or trading, but here's my stab.

On the Steam Community Marketplace, some modest piles of hat with low tier effects (memory leak is included in this tier, along with purple and green confetti) are listed for around $100 (there are some higher prices as well). These are unsold hats, so this is probably the upper end of the range. It's possible, though, that people value memory leak more than the other effects in this tier, which would bump the price a bit.

In terms of keys and buds... $100 equals approx 46 keys equals approx 20 buds (I think I did these calculations right).

If someone with more trading knowledge wants to correct me, please chime in.
Logged  Jump To Top

Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »

Only 4 or 5 unusual modest piles o' hats (memory leak) exist at this time.

According to backpack.tf, it's went for about 100 keys a couple of times in the last year.

On the Market, few unusual modest piles o' hats of any particle effect have sold over $150, and none have sold under $35.

I don't have enough experience to judge on "tiers" of unusual hats or their effects. But I can confirm that buds aren't very valuable anymore, since most use the Market rather than our old barter method. Sorry that I don't have better information.
Logged  Jump To Top

v Ballistics
Non-Newb Noobie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »

Alright. Thank you guys for the input thus far. Better than what I had thought in mind. Hopefully, I'll be able to break even if I can't get a little profit from selling it. Sad

If you, or anyone else are able to help me further with this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

~ [N] v Ballistics
Logged  Jump To Top
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: