TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your ad here, right now:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help Fix Obey's Stupid Headphone Problem  (Read 854 times)
Obey
UBER NEWB!

Rock Paper Scissors is life.

« on: November 02, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »

I've got a Turtle Beach PX11, generic headset/mic device. I'm pretty sure it's not the device that is faulty, but something with the drivers and settings on my laptop.

Problem: Mic does not pick up my audio on one laptop only. Works properly on other devices.

What May Have Caused the Problem: I once restored the laptop from Hibernate (Win 7 OS), and plugged in this headset in mid-bootup. Since that time, the device properly broadcasts sound to the headphones, and recognizes sound entering the mic under both push-to-talk and constant broadcast use. However, no sound I make is broadcast. For example, in TF2, the icon shows up when I hit the push-to-talk button, but no sound carries over.

In troubleshooting the problem, I went here and did the steps, compensating for Win 7. I come to this screen, and use Sound Recorder to record my voice for a moment, using both microphone definitions as a Set Default. Neither sound recording plays back my voice.

The "Configure" button simply asks for a Stereo option and then tests those speakers (with really no other options either). "Properties" has nothing useful either, unless I don't want programs to exercise taking full control of the device. And again, Wife was able to use the microphone on a different device just fine.

Q: Where do I go from here?

Logged  Jump To Top

kamo
Global Admin
1K Newb

Get off my lawn.

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 04:06:28 PM »

a) Try removing the device from Device Manager completely and let it re-detect
b) Try plugging it in (if it's usb) into a different port

I think a is probably your best bet.
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1]