TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Since everyone seems to have it... How IS borderlands?  (Read 3895 times)
Sharpevil
1K Newb

Hello I am plant

« on: October 29, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »

Anyone care to speak up and give their personal account of their experience with borderlands? I'm on the fence (oh so witty) about just up and buying it.
Logged  Jump To Top

V.Striker
UBER NEWB!

Sláinte!

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »

I don't have it, and I don't want it.  TF2 forever!
Logged  Jump To Top

Nerrik
1K Newb

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »

Anyone care to speak up and give their personal account of their experience with borderlands? I'm on the fence (oh so witty) about just up and buying it.

I like it so far. Having a good time. I'd like to see how multiplayer is.. and how much replayability there is (i mean aside from.. "hey i'm only gonna use weapon type x and y this time through!" .. which btw i WILL do heh).. Aside from that though, I mean.. it's fun.. I get to feel rather ridiculously powerful sometimes.. buncha shit charging at me.. I pop off a shotty to one's face, phasewalk and land a melee attack setting them all on fire, then empty my shotgun before switching to the repeater pistol and making them all explode (if they're miraculously still alive)..

Really it comes down to HOW you play. I'm sure you can pick a few of the more powerful weapons and just tear shit up.. but I like a challenge so..
Logged  Jump To Top
Sharpevil
1K Newb

Hello I am plant

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »

I'd think that the different skill trees and characters would provide the replay value.
Logged  Jump To Top

frank
1K Newb

star quarterback president MVP

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »

I think it's very fun and enjoyable.  The skill trees will make for replayability for sure, and every character plays considerably differently.  I have a Brick file and a Roland file, and I can't play the same way on both of them at all - this adds replayability as well, imo.

There really ARE a ton of guns, many of them crappy.  There are lots of quests to do, and you can spend about 5-6 hours in the first "zone" before moving on.

I'm not sure at this point if it's worth 50 bucks, but it was definitely worth 33.
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: [1] 2
Print

Jump to: