TF2Newbs Homepage

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Print
Author Topic: Newbs Stimulus Plan! Free Hats!  (Read 37265 times)
octo-dhd
Head Admin
1K Newb

Busy Perma Banning Fools

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »

Jib still holds the hats.  I havn't done the drawings - I should automate it so it just does it and posts the winner.  One of these days..

As usual, we do the drawings for each month based on the participation that month - so even if we havn't done the drawing your odds of getting the hat for a previous month are the same as if I'd done it on time.
Logged  Jump To Top

[N]ova Shikirori™
UBER NEWB!

The Newbs Workaholic ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »

I should automate it so it just does it and posts the winner.  One of these days..

I think that would be nice, something interesting to be able to see, and would be a time saver for you i'm sure.

Well, I hope JiB gets it going again, gives the community an actual "reason" to be active on the forums!

The "actual reason" for people to be on the forums should be to communicate with other members and be involved in the community not just because they want free shit.

Of course that's how it should be, I'm just presenting a view of the other member.

Presenting the view of another member is difficult to notice if you speak/type it directly from your self. It is the same as someone walking up to someone and saying "You Suck!" than an hour later saying "oh, that was someone else's opinion." (of course, that situation I described is a bit more vulgar)  If you were to word that correctly, might have been better to say "Some people aren't very motivated to be on the forums, perhaps giveaways will help the community by popularity or other things"

Just an example, but I wouldn't post anything like that in the first place. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt.

Just to say Chung, that is what I was trying to get at, but I seemed to not have been able to express that in a way possible that wouldn't sound the wrong way to some. Forgive me for any "confusion" or anything that seemed "wrong" towards the subject.
Logged  Jump To Top

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

Click --->Steam Profile

Aaaaahhhhh
Non-Newb Noobie

Bunnies are soo damn cute, Aaaahhhh!

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2013, 09:57:13 PM »

Well, I hope JiB gets it going again, gives the community an actual "reason" to be active on the forums!
What about the love we all can share. Can't we all just get along and love one another?

(edit: As in why not just have love for our community and not have need for gifts)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:33:46 PM by Aaaaahhhhh » Logged  Jump To Top

[N]ova Shikirori™
UBER NEWB!

The Newbs Workaholic ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »

What about the love we all can share. Can't we all just get along and love one another?
What?
Logged  Jump To Top

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

Click --->Steam Profile

Silent Scream
Super Newb!

This is a thing.

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »

What?
I think he outed himself as a hippie.
Logged  Jump To Top

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Print

Jump to: