BL2 Patch Update: 8/31/13Posted on: August 31st, 2013 by Obey
A lot of Newbs play Borderlands 2, so I figured it would be worth posting a Patch Update. But there’s a lot here. Here’s the most important changes:
- Added new items to the Black Market
- One additional ammo upgrade for each of the six ammo types, at 100 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 150 and 200 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 150 and 200 Eridium respectively.
- Equipment changes:
- Added zoom amount to weapon card
- Fixed an issue causing item cards to sometimes show incorrect critical hit modifiers for weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing alignment of sights on certain pistols to be incorrect when zoomed in.
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing SHiFT items (from golden key chests) to be incorrectly capped at level 50.
- Fixed an issue so that the relics Blood of Terramorphous and Blood of the Seraphs are no longer capped at level 50
- Now the “Breath of the Seraphs” relic scales above level 50.
- Disabled the daily lockout for raid bosses (!)
- Added safeguards to protect players against hacked items and weapons.
- Now, all invalid items will be automatically removed from a player’s inventory
- Player’s vehicle skin choice is now saved, so it doesn’t have to be re-chosen each play session.
- Added a third vault symbol to the Dwarven Mines (Tiny Tina DLC) for players to discover.
- Level 61+ Changes:
- Loot has greater chances of higher rarities for enemies level 61+.
- Enemy health regeneration in UVHM increased for enemies level 61+.
- Voracidous’s shield has been increased to intended levels in UVHM.
- Increased the Eridium cost required to enter Terramorphous’s den.
- Fixed a bug causing players to get stuck in TVHM and unable to complete any missions.
- Mission-based Changes:
- Addressed issues that could prevent players from being unable to complete the missions: My First Gun, Clan War: Wakey Wakey, No Vacancy, Shielded Favors, Breaking the Bank, Toil and Trouble, A Train to Catch.
- Addressed issues that could prevent players from being unable to complete the Tiny Tina DLC missions: A Role-Playing Game, The Magic of Childhood, Denial-Anger-Initiative, Dwarven Allies, Winter is a Bloody Business.
- Addressed an issue causing mission indicators to appear above rabid skags when players had not accepted any Animal Rescue missions in TVHM.
- Challenged-based Changes:
- The “Surprise!” challenge is now visible for everyone, instead of unlocking after completing another challenge.
- Removed some challenges Psycho players cannot complete due to Krieg’s heft.
- Fixed: Flynt sometimes not dropping unique loot in TVHM and UVHM.
- Fixed: Flynt sometimes not jumping down to engage the player(s).
- Fixed: Loot not able to be picked up/invisible to all players from Terramorphous.
- Fixed: Splint-screen games preventing the “Thresher Thrashed” achievement.
- Fixed: The location of the Death Mark symbol on the Sheriff of Lynchwood.
- Fixed: An issue causing players not to load inside the Natural Selection Annex if they saved and quit there before completing the Wildlife Preservation mission.
- Fixed: BNK-3R sometimes getting stuck or not completing his death animation properly.
- Fixed: The Warrior is now shoved into the abyss when he dies.
- This is to allow players to grab loot that his corpse may prevent.
- Fixed: An incorrect waypoint for the mission “Hidden Journals”.
- Fixed: An issue where players lose control of their characters when using certain telescopes simultaneously in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed: Mission-rewarded E-Tech weapons having the wrong rarity.
- Fixed: Players sometimes getting two sets of rewards for one mission.
- Fixed: Incorrect counts of earned/total customizations, and incorrect Skill Tree totals for the Psycho while respeccing.
- Fixed: Issue where Seraph and Torgue vending machines were unresponsive to mouse input.
- Fixed: SHiFT account screen sometimes not responding to players using a gamepad not in Big Picture mode.
- Fixed: Prevented duping of items in a trade duel. (!)
- Fixed: Prevented exploit allowing players to win a duel by killing themselves with environmental damage.
- Fixed: Prevented exploit allowing players to increase skill points beyond normal ceilings.
- Fixed: An exploit causing Mechromancer’s Discord skill to stay active after respeccing.
- Fixed: An issue causing Zer0′s Kunai skill stacking to higher damage amounts than intended under certain conditions.
- Fixed: An issue causing the Gunzzerker to have two weapons in his right hand when his action skill was deactivated in a certain way.
- Fixed: An issue causing a Psycho’s Raving Retribution skill to be chattier than intended.
- Fixed: An issue where Psycho would sometimes not be put into the down state when applying the “Redeem the Soul” skill.
- Fixed: An issue causing Psycho’s Buzz Axe Bombardier skill to block stacks of Taste of Blood from accruing.
- Fixed: An issue that could cause the Psycho’s Hellfire Halitosis’s visual effects to persist indefinitely.
- Equipment related:
- Fixed: Pot’O'Gold shield now drops items correctly when the player is damaged while wearing it.
- Fixed: Audio from Booster and Adaptive shields in co-op games.
- Fixed: Certain projectiles passing through objects instead of detonating on them.
- Fixed: An issue causing some assault rifle barrels to give lower damage bonuses than intended.
- DLC related:
- (Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue allowing the treasure room to be re-entered after defeating the Leviathan.
- (Captain Scarlett) Addressed an issue causing players to be stuck under the world when traveling in the destroyed hovercraft.
- (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Addressed an issue where players could get permaslowed for the duration of a game session if they left an area after being slowed by a witch doctor.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Necromancers cast their skeleton-summoning spell more reliably.
- (Tiny Tina) Addressed issues causing “A Single Deadly Bite” or “Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin’” challenges to not unlock.
- (Tiny Tina) Addressed an issue causing the player to be unable to progress if taking an alternate route to Flamerock Refuge.
- (Tiny Tina) Addressed an issue causing class mods with the “Good” prefix to have negative reloading speeds.
- (Tiny Tina) Assorted audio and visual/light effects.
Oh, and there’s a new prologue video for Tiny Tina’s DLC! It’s called “+5 to Punching: A Bunkers & Badasses Prologue”! Hey, that’s a prologue inside of a prologue, inside of a rather overt roleplaying game reference. What do they call those?
Oh, it turns out that the TF2 Chemistry Set does not have preset recipes! Each set has a semi-randomized set of requirements (common weapons, hats, stranges, and/or botkiller weapons). So one Chemistry Set may be relatively cheaper to obtain a Strangifier than another. Well, that just changes everything! Except there are still only Chemistry Sets for those 13 items. At the moment. That we know of….
Y’know, Halloween is coming….