TF2 Update: 10/1/14Posted on: October 1st, 2014 by Obey
NOTE: Currently, servers #13 and #27 (UK) are down. The usual server mechanics have been notified, and I’m sure everything will be up in less than a day. –[N] Obey
Here’s what’s going on:
- The 2014 Saxxy winners have been announced! Click the link to watch the nominated videos.
- All TF2 servers can now allow a vote whether to activate/deactivate player-count autobalancing only.
- All TF2 servers now, by default, allow teamtalk to be on (allowing dead players to be heard by living players).
- Muting a player now applies to text chat as well as voice chat.
- Previously, this was not available without SourceMod or other third-party scripts (I think).
- Minor changes to rd_asteroid
Full Patch Notes
- Improved memory usage for Mac clients
- Fixed an exploit that allowed item nametags to go beyond the 40 character limit
- Fixed a bug where reflected rocket explosions from non-stock flamethrowers would cause the flame sound to loop
tf_teamtalkis now on by default – the dead can talk to the living
- When you mute a player, the mute settings now apply to text chat as well as voice chat. If you want the previous behavior, change convar
- More weapon models are now loaded on demand to reduce overall memory usage
- Added “Enable/Disable Auto TeamBalance” votes
- Increased overtime to 45 seconds
- Added more sound cues when overtime starts
- Dropped reactor cores now blink on the HUD when they are about to return
- Added latest art assets to blue base exterior