Two TF2 Patches, Oct 25, 2016Posted on: October 26th, 2016 by Obey
Here’s the pertinent stuff:
- This year’s Halloween event has been extend to Wednesday, November 16th (three weeks from today).
- Removed ctf_turbine from the Comp map rotation.
- Merasmissions have been fixed:
- Each player will get one map-specific mission per day to complete, for a total of 26 missions.
- Missions from previous days will add up; join a server to load up to two missions at a time.
- Your Soul Gargoyle ranks up on 666, 1337, 2000, and then every additional 2000 points, up to a maximum of 36,000 (“Merasmus’s Own”).
- It tracks points earned on Halloween Event maps during the annual event only.
- The Soul Gargoyle also tracks the number of transmutations and Merasmissions you complete.
- It also is a tool item that lets you transmute almost any three items into a nontradable, random Halloween cosmetic.
- Ranking up the Soul Gargoyle doesn’t do anything.
- Bugfixes to Brimstone and Pit of Death event.
[N] Obey is working on a comprehensive Halloween Item & Costume Part FAQ. Look for it to be posted on this blog before Halloween!
- Extended Scream Fortress VIII to run through November 16th, 2016
- Fixed a problem causing some players to receive the incorrect number of Merasmissions
- Players should receive one Scream Fortress VIII Merasmission per day of the event, for a maximum possible of seven as of today
- Players who received too few Merasmissions will be able to quickly catch up to the intended amount
- A small number of players who received too many Merasmissions will not receive any for the next few days
- Fixed the Tome of Merasmissions displaying an erroneous maximum number
- All players will have the opportunity to receive twenty-six Merasmissions during this year’s event, regardless of number of Merasmissions completed in previous years
- Fixed a small number of unusuals that did not have the proper displayed quality (unique (golden name) instead of unusual (purple name))
- Updated the model/materials for The El Paso Poncho
- Fixed not seeing the correct display name for featured community maps (example:
- Updated the localization files
mvm_ghost_townto fix error models in the spawn rooms
- Fixed RED players getting inside BLU‘s 2nd forward spawn
- Fixed skull’s teeth in hell being non-solid
- Fixed hell’s coffin tune and tiny spell song sometimes playing to the next round from previous round
- Fixed some players dropping into hell’s lava in rare cases
- Fixed big pumpkin in RED 2nd base being non-solid
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to enter the enemy spawn
- Fixed enemy players teleported to the Underworld spawning in one another
- Fixed finale particles not being drawn from certain distances
- Fixed certain overlays not rendering
- Increased damage over time dealt in the Underworld
- Added climbable props to the platforms near mid
- Added a nobuild to the area surrounding the portal
- Added signs in spawns to make the second door more obvious
- Adjusted respawn times so that the losing team will respawn faster
- Adjusted health, ammo, and spellbooks around the map
- Changed the Underworld buff to use the Purgatory buff from Eyeaduct
- Players killed during the finale will now turn into ghosts
- Decreased score limit from 5 to 4 points per player
- Added new ranks for the Soul Gargoyle.
ctf_turbinefrom the Competitive maps list
- Updated Mann vs. Machine to use the new ping information system already in use for Casual and Competitive matchmaking
- In particular, parties with members from differing regions should now have a better queue experience
Correction from the Scream Fortress VIII release notes:
- Added a taunt Unusualifier