With all the news that is news (not really), here’s what to expect:
- Headlines of the video game industry
- TF2 patched on June 30th, and I just got around to it.
- Cactus Canyon just got a new stage!
- PC Gamer reports that ESPN was so impressed with its ratings of its coverage of their Dota 2 International tournament that the sports network may be ready to start covering esports to a greater degree. Why not? They did draw over 20 million viewers total for the event, according to Valve.
- The TF2 Blog has announced the Fourth Annual Saxxy Awards! September 24th is the submission deadline.
- There is an official CivRome mod for Civilization V! But you need all of the DLC and expansions to run it.
- ArcadeSushi’s list of the Top 10 RPGs of all time. Just because.
2. TF2 Changes
The Heavy’s Gloves of Running Urgently (and the Bread Bite reskin) had been changed back in the June 11th patch to cause the equipping Heavy to suffer mini-crits from all damage for 5 seconds after switching off of them, instead of the previous 3 seconds. Apparently that was a bug, and now the mini-crit penalty is now back to 3 seconds after weapon switching.
The multi-stage beta map Cactus Canyon now has a third stage. And how about this: there is a train to dodge! Capping the point on the train tracks will cause the payload bomb to explode when hit by a train. Both Cactus Canyon had some updates, as you can read below.
Full Patch Notes
- Added a new startup music track from Expiration Date.
- Fixed projectiles causing teleporter exits to detonate.
- Fixed the Huntsman not firing after being charged in the air and landing on the ground while using
- Fixed teammates blocking the removal of sappers when using the Homewrecker, Maul, and Neon Annihilator.
- Fixed a bug with the Gloves of Running Urgently that increased the marked for death time to 5 seconds instead of 3.
- Fixed a bug related to orphaned marked for death particles.
- Updated the target ID to be hidden while taunting.
- Updated the Bolt Boy to have two styles like the Bonk Boy.
- Updated the
equip_regionsfor the Bonk Boy and the Bolt Boy.
- Updated the materials for the Boo Balloon.
- Mode changes
- Map changes
- Fixed unbalanced ammo kits in Blu base near the vault.
- Added flashing light in the vault that will activate when a player is stealing points.
- Added larger one way glass windows to spawn exit doors.
- Added small ammo pack to top of the stairs at the cave exit.
- Shortened length of pipes in vents that require players to crouch.
- Increased track length for A robots. This is to provide more angles of attack.
- Extended flat area near left spawn exit for Engineers to build teleporters.
- Lowered the health for the A robots from 500 to 300.
- Fixed a bug where the power supply would not disable the flashing alarms when it was captured.
- Updated the backpack icon of the Boo Balloon.
- Fixed another item clipping bug.
items_game.txt, the items database and misc data file, is now in a new VPK file called