Click back to the previous post for more information on how to win hats, keys, and more in the month of June for playing TF2Newbs’ 2Fort servers! Also, TF2 patched last night. As always, here’s the short version:
- A “Demo Support” feature has been added to auto-record matches with increased replay options
- Fixed energy weapons not reloading when auto-reloading is turned ON
- Some hats updated
- Co-Pilot is now all-class
- Added styles for Fear Monger, Big Elfin Deal, Bootie Time, Patriot’s Pouches, Tough Stuff Muffs, and Toowoomba Tunic
- TF2Newbs: |N| Octo is resetting HLStats for all of our servers today for the contest
2Fort Contest thru the Month of June
Contest is now live! Play on any of Newbs’ 2Fort servers, and HLStats will turn on when at least four players are active. You can earn rewards for being the first to reach point total thresholds, winning weekly stats contests, or having played more Newbs’ 2Fort than anyone else! You can also earn rewards for jumping in to server-starting events on #04 “Haley’s Octo-land” every day when they’re announced.
The first set of weekly stats contests begins Monday, June 6th. Try to earn the most backstabs, or reflected rocket kills, or buildings destroyed, or whatever stats will be announced for that week, over all of our 2Fort servers! You can access these stats, as well as our forums and check our current server population, via the TF2Newbs’ main page by clicking on the “Stats” link.
NOTE: Servers #11 and #27 no longer exist, so they aren’t part of the contest. Servers #01, #04, #05, #09, #11, and #21 are the six 24/7 2Fort servers for TF2Newbs.
TF2 Patch, May 31, 2016: Patch 1
- Added a new Demo Support feature to auto-record matches
- Can be configured via the Adv. Options menu
- Automatically records
.demfiles of your matches (or can be set to Manual) and puts them into the specified folder
- Logs killstreaks and bookmarks to a master
_events.txtfile in the same folder as the recordings so the events can be easily reviewed
- Logs killstreaks and bookmarks for each specific
.jsonfile that has the same name as the
.demfile (see the
- Supports the following console commands:
ds_record: manually start a recording
ds_stop: manually stop recording
[comment]: bookmark the current demo tick count for future reference. The
[comment]is an optional descriptor you may include.
ds_status: report the current recording status
- Security fixes (thanks to Diodine for these reports)
- Fixed an exploit related to the Heavy‘s gloves and blocking the payload cart
- Fixed energy weapons not reloading when using
- Fixed the team-win dialog not being displayed for SourceTV clients
- Updated several hats to fix the Sniper not removing the hats while taunting
- Added UGC tournament medals for Highlander Seasons 17 and 18, 6v6 Seasons 19 and 20, and 4v4 Seasons 6 and 7
- Updated models/materials for The Dead Head, The Scoped Spartan, The Patriot’s Pouches, The Sub Zero Suit, Fear Monger, Co-Pilot, Tough Stuff Muffs, The Toowoomba Tunic, Weight Room Warmer, The Bootie Time, and The Big Elfin Deal
- Updated The Federal Casemaker to hide the Scout‘s headphones
- Updated the localization files
- Updated the Weight Room Warmer to be equippable by Scout and Demoman.
- Updated the Toowoomba Tunic to be equippable by the Demoman.
- Updated the Co-Pilot to be equippable by all classes.
- Added styles to the Fear Monger, Big Elfin Deal, Bootie Time, Patriot’s Pouches, Tough Stuff Muffs, and Toowoomba Tunic.
- Updated the
equip_regionfor the Scoped Spartan.
- Fixed pink error textures appearing on heavy(sic) fist weapons