Between a major Monday night TF2 update, and some minor updates I haven’t covered from the last few weeks, we have a lot to cover! As usual, the summary is on top, and the full patch notes are at the end of the post.
- Packhead is hosting a 24/7 Christmas music stream here, thru December 25th. Thanks Pack!
- Clink on the M3U button at the top-right to begin streaming. (Works with iTunes too!)
- (12/9/14) The “End of the Line” Community Update is now live (see below)! Read its splash page and watch the 13-minute animated short movie.
- Added EotL Crate Keys, Piles of EotL Keys, and Random EotL Keys. They do not expire.
- See below for the list of 21 community cosmetics found in the End of the Line crate.
- One weapon reskin: the melee Crossing Guard, a railroad crossbuck complete with lights.
- Equippable by all classes except Engineer and Spy, and deals stock melee damage.
- Added a Pyro taunt: Pool Party.
- Added Duck Journal and Duck Tokens for the End of the Line event (see below).
- You must purchase a Duck Journal from the Mann Co. Store if you wish to participate in tracking duckies collected.
- Collect Duck Tokens, and add them to the Duck Journal to level it up. Duck Tokens are also giftable and can be bought in the Mann Co. Store.
- Four new Unusual Effects have been added. Any Unusuals unboxed from EotL crates receive one of these four Effects only. These Unusual Effects can only be obtained on Unusuals found in EotL crates.
- NOTE: The entire update–the movie, the cosmetics, the duckies–are community-designed!
- (12/3/14) Added the TF Tomb Contest 2014 winning cosmetic items: Jungle Booty, Crown of the Old Kingdom, and Tomb Readers
- (11/13/14) Added End of the Line Crates.
- EotL Crates do not expire. Items uncrated before January 5, 2015 will receive an “early supporter” tag on the item.
- RoboCrate and associated items have been renamed Robo Community Crates, etc.
- The Alien: Isolation promo items can now be bought in the Mann Co. Store.
1. The “End of the Line” Update
EotL Community Crates
EotL Keys (and Random EotL Keys) are US$2.49 in the Mann Co. Store. EotL Piles of Keys are US$57.27.
Opening an EotL crate drops one of 21 possible cosmetics, a new Pyro taunt, the Crossing Guard melee reskin, or the roughly 1% chance of an Unusual item with one of four EotL-specific Unusual Effects! A specific item has a roughly 4.3% chance of dropping. Some of the items uncrated will be Strange quality.
Oh Look–Another Melee Reskin!
Yep, it’s the Crossing Guard, a stock-reskin melee weapon equippable by all classes except Engineer and Spy. It is not currently craftable; the only way to obtain it at this time is to uncrate it from an EotL crate. But craft numbers have been enabled, so perhaps they will be craftable in the future.
Carry your very own Duck Journal on your chest while you fight, and earn Duckstreaks that function as if you had a Killstreaker weapon equipped! Killing enemies also causes ducks to drop, which quack when picked up and are added to a Duck XP Level.
You must purchase a Duck Journal from the Mann Co. Store (US$4.99) to participate in this month-long, duck-collecting event. Basically, you collect ducks by killing enemies, and have a specialized Duckstreaker announcement in the killfeed.
Purchase Duck Tokens (US$1.99 from the Mann Co. Store) to level-up your Duck Journal up to a maximum of Level Five. Higher levels causes more ducks to drop from killed enemies. Piles of Duck Tokens are US$45.77, and function like the Piles of Keys tools (gives away one token to up to 23 random players on your current server). So do Random Duck Tokens Gifts (US$1.99). Duck Journals and Tokens are giftable after several days.
Statistics from duck collecting are being kept via leaderboards (much like the Dueling Game “Season”). Ducks will cease dropping on January 5th, 2015. Is this just a shameless money grab? Who knows–but are those duck eyes hypnotizing?! If you are enjoying the new content, spring for a Duck Journal and Tokens so the creators of the content can get paid.
An attack/defend map, cp_snowplow, was intended for release with this update, reenacting the events of the EotL movie in the identical location. Apparently it has not been included in the update. Stay tuned.
Full Patch Notes: Patch 1–12/9/14
- End of the Line Community Update has arrived!
- Check out the community-created movie and web page at http://www.teamfortress.com/endoftheline/
- The event will run through till January 5th, 2015, and includes finding ducks, duck statistics and friendly leaderboards.
- Added End of the Line Community Crate Key
- Added 21 cosmetic items featured from End of the Line
- Added Pyro Taunt – Pool Party
- Added multi-class melee weapon – The Crossing Guard
- Added Duck Journal and Duck Tokens for the End of the Line event
- Fixed The Swagman’s Swatter and Tough Stuff Muffs not being held by the Sniper during the melee taunt
- Updated the crosshair to not draw while taunting
- Added a description to the Wrench
- Corrected name of Creature’s Grin
- Added Pile of End of the Line Key Gifts, A Random End of the Line Key Gift, Pile of Duck Token Gifts and A Random Duck Token Gift.
Full Patch Notes: Patch 2–12/9/14
- Fixed a client crash related to the main menu
- Fixed a server crash related to ducks being created when players are killed
- Updated the
equip_regionsetting for some of the new cosmetic items
Patch Notes: 12/3/14
- Added the TF Tomb Contest 2014 winners
- Added a new promo item, Brimstone
- Updated the localization files
Patch Notes: 12/1/14
- Updated Mann Co. Store prices for foreign currencies to current USD equivalents
Patch Notes: 11/26/14
- Fixed a client crash related to achievements
- Fixed a client crash related to Spy animations
- Fixed a client crash related to the Spectator HUD
- Fixed changes to video settings not being saved between sessions
- Fixed not being able to block control points from being captured
- Fixed not respawning instantly after changing loadout in a respawn room
- Fixed Medi Gun prediction stuttering when using
- Fixed the Necro Smasher not falling into the world properly when dropped
- Fixed Killstreak sheen effects for the Necro Smasher
- Fixed The Lone Star not using the correct Blue team material
- Fixed the Brim-Full Of Bullets not being held by the Sniper during the melee taunt
- Added the Gamers Assembly tournament medals
- Added the TF2mixup 2014 medal
- Fixed the Necro Smasher not glowing when crit boosted
Patch Notes: 11/20/14
- Additional improvements for client stability
- Added a check to prevent building in
- Fixed seeing bumper cart icons for deaths while in hell on maps other than
- Fixed not hearing localized audio while connected to a server using
- Added stairs to forward Blue spawn underground
- Updated the
trigger hurtin the outer cliff area to cover the bottom of the map
Updated model for the Buff Banner.
Patch Notes: 11/13/14
- Fixed a dedicated server crash caused by clients disconnecting while touching a
- Fixed an exploit that involved players killing teammates with the meteor spell by switching to Spectator
- Fixed a bug that allowed weapons to be equipped in invalid loadout slots
Note missed from the previous update:
- Fixed a rendering problem for Linux clients using AMD drivers
- Added End of the Line Community Crate.
- Renamed RoboCrate, RoboCrate Key, Pile of RoboKey Gifts and A Random RoboKey Gift to Robo Community Crate, Robo Community Crate Key, Pile of Robo Community Crate Key Gifts, A Random Robo Community Crate Key Gift respectively.
- The descriptions of the items were updated to match the new names as well.
- Corrected the B.A.S.E. Jumper backpack icon to go dark when it cannot be equipped.
- Removed the Unlocked Creepy Crates from the Mann Co. Store.
- Added the Alien: Isolation promo items to the Mann Co. Store.
- Raised the price for receiving a Mann Co. Store Package from €15 to €15.99 spent in a single purchase.